Tuesday 11 September 2012

my BLOG

I have a blog?!

Yes, I'm new to this whole thing. Right now it's just another website for me to check, another password to remember, another thing to keep track of. But I wouldn't be surprised if I soon get attached to blogging. I like journaling. The thought of an online journal, open for anyone to read, is a little intimidating yet exciting. Please leave comments! Give feedback, tell me what you think.

So why am I starting this blog? Bottom line: I have to! It's required for MUS 3140, the composition seminar. We have to keep a composition blog, write about our experiences with composing and such... talk about feedback we get in class on our pieces...

I don't have much to say yet. I'm just writing this today because it's a hurricane day - school's closed so I have time! I have very little experience in composition. I've always been interested, but it's a matter of actually sitting down to write. Often I sit at the piano and play, just following my fingers and my ear. It's fun! But to write it down... it's hard! I actually have to decide what I want, where I want things to go. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

And so I decided to go for a composition minor - to explore this world of writing music, to challenge myself, to see where it takes me. A major in piano performance with a minor in composition. It will be a busy but exciting next couple years!

No comments:

Post a Comment